Friday, January 1, 2010

52 Walks-Week 1

Wishing eveyone a very happy 2010!

For 2010 I have started a new photo challenge.
It is to complete 52 walks-that's one a week- during 2010, and of course to photograph the walk.
I think this will be more manageable for me that the 365 challenge I tried to complete last year.
Feel free to join in. The FLICKr link is here.

So the first walk of the year was to Flotterstone. Flotterstone is a very popular walking and picnic spot just outside Edinburgh. From Flotterstone you can take various walks in the the Pentland Hills. Today I was up early and had finished my walk by the time people started arriving, so it was incredibly peaceful-just me and my camera wandering around. I took many photos-here are just 4 of them.

View across the fields:

A lovley white dove:

Upturned fishing boats, stuck in the snow. The reservoir was frozen, so those boats were going nowhere!

And a view across the water to the frozen part of the reservoir:
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Deb said...

What a great start to your new project! What a fab walk in such beautiful surroundings.

Thoughts on Life and Millinery. said...

Love the white dove picture. I've used photography as my main motivation for walk taking the past three years. I just wish I had be clever enough to label all those postings as "walks", as each had wonderful surprises in terms of flora and fauna.

I'll be looking forward to joining you on your walks...and perhaps you will enjoy a few walks in Utah USA with me as well.

rodeo princess said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the picture of the bird in the round window!

Kathy said...

I love the bird photo