Thursday, July 16, 2009

Tour de France

We were fortunate that the Tour de France passed through Barcelona while we were there. We're big fans of the Tour, and this is the third tour I've had the good fortune to see.
So I was experimenting with shutter speed when I was taking these photos, trying to capture the movement and speed! This is one of my favourites-even if the head is cut off-I like that the focus is on the legs-which, after all, do all the work!!

So this one was using a fast shutter speed to freze the action...

and this one was a slow shutter speed, panning the camera with the bike-in order to keep the bike sharp, but blur the background. So I haven't managed to keep the bike sharp-but it's still OK.

And a collage of my favourites:

You can click on the image for a closer look.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Deb said...

Oh Pam what great shots! I love the 'legs'one. I also love the slow shutter speed one - it just shows what you can produce once you understand how to use your camera.