Saturday, January 29, 2011

Project 52 #3 Still Life magazine cover

The assignment for week 3 of Project 52 was to shoot a stillife to fit a predesigned 8x8 magazine cover. Still life isn't something I've done before, so I thought I would give it a go. I gathered up some bits and pieces from Emily's room, and set them up on the kitchen table, which I covered with some white stretch fabric.

And here's the result:
I did struggle with light-it's still gloomy here in Scotland, so this is shot with the halogen lights of the kitchen on, and then I draped a silver emergency blanket over a chair and shone a head torch onto it to bounce some light onto the objects. Overall, I'm quite happy with how it turned out, and I think I could get to enjoy still life photography!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think you have done a great job with this, love the improvisation. I can never get still lifes to look good.lol